Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears. –Les Brown
Many motivational gurus will tell us to live our life by design instead of by default. If that is going to happen, we need to be clear on what your perfect life would be and remind ourselves everyday to stay on the path. Here are some simple steps to determine your path and how to stay on it:
1. Make a list of things that are really important to you are. What is really important to you? Family? Travel? Health? Relationships?
2. If what is really important were perfect, what would that look like? Remember very well what you want to achieve, what is your vision of perfect? The more concrete the better. Consider then what you must do to achieve this.
3 See yourself in the future. Earl Nightingale concluded a study of what makes people successful: “We are what we think.” The image that dominates our brains most of the time is how we ended up. Therefore, setting goals crucial in achieving success. It helps us keep the most important in life in mind. This acts as a self fulfilling prophecy.
4. Write 3 things you want to accomplish this year. By making a list of things you care about, you start creating images in your mind. These are your goals. These allow you convert knowledge into targeted action. When your goals are planted in your subconscious they will make you take action.
5. Create your own storyboard. Take blank paper and paste pictures from magazines, magazines and newspapers on things that you want if you want to reach. We humans once thought in pictures. In this way, always keep your goals in your mind.
6. Write for yourself how your ideal day look. Write it in the present tense, as if it is so. Try to involve senses it: what you hear, what you taste, what you feel?
7. Visualize every day. Every morning and every evening visualize what your goal is and how your ideal life looks like.
8. Make a plan. Make a plan to reach your goal and resize it to daily steps so you know what each day to be your actions. Before going to sleep, make a list of the six things you will do the next day. In order of importance.
9. Evaluate your actions. Evaluate every week and month of your progress. What went well, what can you improve. If you get stuck, ask for help. If something is not working, try something new. Do not be afraid to try new things.
10. Never give up. Everything takes time, focus on your actions and not too much on the result, if you do your everyday actions and learn from it, then the result.